I... Wow, I haven't been on here in ages. It's crazy. It looks like I'm on OpenOffice... How does all this new stuff work?!?!
Well, anyway... I've been considering blogging again only because of this: People only seem to remember all the bad occurrences in their lives. I don't want to be like that! This is, I think, going to be a journal. One that I can share.
When I was young, one of my dreams was having a diary of my life. I realized, even then, that for the most part, the only time someone read your diary was if you are famous, or if you ended up going through some kind of catastrophic event. Until just recently, I never stopped to consider that that is no longer true. Just think, now, if someone has similar interests or even just wants to look something up that I've rambled about, by goodness, they may end up... HERE!? The absolute thrill that this brings, the idea that another person has shared this thought, this event, brings, I don't know, some kind of emotional thrill to me that I just can't even fathom. And I know I'm not alone. If I was, people wouldn't spend so much time thinking up witty things to say on Facebook in the hopes it would bring them a like. My motives are slightly different from those in my class, I think. I don't want them to think I'm "Cool" (Capital C cool. Lowercase "c" is not Cool), because I don't care. The people I care about impressing are not impressed much by the idea of someone spending hours thinking of one little phrase they're going to put on their great and powerful Facebook Wall of Themselves. The people that are impressed by that... Well, I'm going to make no effort to talk to them, and since they spend all of their time on social networking sites or online games, I guess we won't be talking much.
I think another thing I want to do is keep a catalogue of all the books I've been reading... Maybe, subconsciously that's just so I can brag to my old English teacher. Because she's the kind of person you want to please. Or want to impress. Or both.
No comments:
Post a Comment